Tag Archives: how to make a graphic novel

Pictures vs. words.

Back in December of 2011 (so long ago, I was but a young lad…) I wrote a long winded post headlined “Can graphic novels make you smarter?” It discussed how combining the act of reading and looking at pictures to … Continue reading

Posted in graphic novels, illustration, Illustrators, picture books | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

How I Made a Graphic Novel – Part 2?

Yes, the title of this post has a question mark. I have posted a few times about how I developed and created Earthling!, my graphic novel due out in July from Chronicle Books (Order a copy now! Like the book … Continue reading

Posted in Chronicle Books, Earthling!, graphic novels, illustration, Illustration Techniques, kids books, picture books, Portland Oregon | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

How I make a graphic novel

I mentioned I am working on a graphic novel for Chronicle Books called Earthling!. It’s been created as a kids graphic novel, but I hope adults will find it entertaining to read as well. It’s due out, well, soonish. As … Continue reading

Posted in animated short, animation, animation art, character design, Chronicle Books, Earthling!, Photoshop Painting, Portland Oregon, The Thing with No Head, UCLA | Tagged , , , , , , , | 19 Comments